Cricket Powder Recipe: Blueberry Almond Smoothie Bowl
Feb. 24, 2019
May 12, 2019
May contain affiliate links.
Okay, yes, a smoothie bowl is in fact just a smoothie that’s been poured into a bowl, so technically you can drink this out of a glass. But a smoothie this delicious is worthy of celebration! So pour it in a bowl, top it with all your favorite crunchy things, and party.
Recipe contributed by LITHIC
Total: 5 mins; Serves 1
- 1 banana, previously frozen
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Lithic pure cricket powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk of choice
- Various toppings; (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to blender.
2. Blend until smooth, adding more or less milk, depending on desired texture.
3. Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with desired toppings such as hemp seeds, almonds, banana chips, and local bee pollen.
Follow LITHIC on social media:
This entomophagy recipe is included in Bugs for Beginners, a cookbook which teaches Westerners how to prepare edible insects and safely eat a bug. Text may include affiliate links
I'm Mic. I love reading about, writing about, thinking about, photographing, and especially eating, food. Especially bug food. Enough talk, let's eat!