Bugs for Beginners Interview on the Ento Nation Podcast
July 8, 2018
Nov. 9, 2018
May contain affiliate links.
This week, the unofficial watering-hole of the entomophagy industry turned its attention towards Bugs for Beginners! I've been a fan of The Ento Nation Podcast ever since I started listening several months ago, so I was unbelievably excited when the Cricket Man asked me if I wanted to be a guest.
Things we discuss:
- Game of Thrones (off-topic, I know, but I happen to be in a place that was one of the shooting locations)
- How I started eating insects
- How I got obsessed with entomophagy
- The "Ick Factor", and whether you should even try to get people over it
- Cookbooks, the process of writing one, and the difference between cooking food and writing about food
- My soapbox critique of marketing ento products (Sushi Strategy vs Vegetarian Strategy)
- Movie trivia and math problems
The Cricket Man even talked me into sharing my SUPER EMBARRASSING private, unlisted Youtube video of the very first time I ever ate an insect:
This was such a fun conversation, if even a tiny fraction of how much fun I had talking transfers over to the podcast, I know it'll be a fun listen. Listen to the podcast!
I'm Mic. I love reading about, writing about, thinking about, photographing, and especially eating, food. Especially bug food. Enough talk, let's eat!